remove temp files

Jim T. Bowen (GAIA Consultants Inc.) bowenj at peligroso.gaiaenv.com
Wed May 10 15:21:05 EDT 2000

Here is a little bit more on crontab:

You need to ensure the cron daemon is started.   Begin by editing a
crontab entry.  This invokes your default text editor (e.g., VI or
emacs).  Don't simply edit the crontab file...use the following command:

crontab -e

Enter your parameters in this file.  Each line represents a command with
parameters.  This example blows away everything in the temp folder daily
at 03:30.  You can use wildcards for defaults.  Obviously, you should
double check your commands and settings so you don't run a command you
regret!

30 3 * * * rm -rf /home/httpd/temp/*

The format is MINUTE HOUR DAY_OF_MONTH MONTH DAY_OF_WEEK COMMAND
Use a comma to separate multiple values and a hyphen to indicate ranges.

If you need more than this, pick up a UNIX command reference.  I did not
find the man files overly useful for crontab.