Poll for learning internet programming

bfischer at usgs.gov bfischer at usgs.gov
Thu May 11 15:38:06 EDT 2000

Mapserver users,

I am fairly new to developing applications on the internet and would like
to hear from others who are much more experienced.  I know HTML and some
javascript, but I would like to learn another language to use for internet
programming in developing GIS applications on the web.  We are running our
webserver on NT.   I am wondering which language to learn Perl, Java, or
another?  I have also found a lot of tutorials on learning these languages,
but I am not for sure if there are any really good ones.   Any suggestions
would help.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Fischer