client-side image-maps

John Carlson carlson14 at llnl.gov
Wed May 31 15:06:27 EDT 2000

At 09:40 AM 5/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't think it's possible to use an imagemap with a form image.

Let me tell you what I have planned, and see what you think.
Basically, I have a shell script which calls a program create.pl to place icons
on a map (right now, just polygons) by creating a shapefile.  Once
the shapefile is created, I call mapserv proper to process the
html page.

What I was thinking was that the create.pl could also create
the HTML page used by mapserv, with all the 'hot' areas in it.

What do you think?  One of the things I'm worried about is that
I'll have to do some transformations to get from map
coordinates to image coordinates.

John