MapServer w/ SDE

RAldridge RAldridge at linuxstart.com
Wed May 31 12:55:07 EDT 2000

Anyone using MapServer to serve up SDE data yet?

We have an SDE for Oracle server set up with some of our data to test performance.  My MapServer is set up on a Mandrake 7.0 / Apache system.  Since the SDE client libraries and includes don't exist for Linux (yet :)), I compiled MapServer with SDE enabled using the Solaris libraries and includes.  It compiled fine and the MapServer works just as before when accessing shapefiles.  I have no idea if it's going to work with SDE (since I used the Solaris includes and libraries), but I'd like to test it.  Problem is, I don't know the correct syntax to include in my *.map file to access the SDE data.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Robert Aldridge