Rotating text labels for a street map

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Wed Nov 8 09:03:48 EST 2000

As always, I research my problems by searching the archives, but I can't
find the answer to this.

I'm trying to get text labels to rotate to match the lines they are
associated with - I've found  examples of using ANGLE AUTO in the LABEL
section of the mapfile but there isn't any refernence to it in the map file
documentation.

I'm wondering if my problem is that I didn't compile in support for TruType
fonts.

Do I need to complile in TrueType fonts to use auto angle or has that
feature been dropped?

I tried to check other pages (including the freetype web page) but couldn't
find any reference to rotating text.