Setting Paths

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Wed Nov 22 13:00:52 EST 2000

Group,
In getting the demo running, I'm running across some path issues that I
don't understand.
Running NT4.0 Mapserver 3.3.012
The Mapserv executable is in g:\_PublicWebSite\cgi-bin\mapserv
The demo is in g:\_PublicWebSite\wwwroot\ms_demo
The tmp directory (for images) is in g:\tmp. All directories have
appropriate read & write access and virtual directories are defined as
well.

The problem: the DEMO images are being written to
g:\_PublicWebSite\wwwroot\ms_demo and not to the tmp directory I thought
they'd be written to. I modified read and write access to get the page
to work. If I then change the pointer tags in demo.html from
SRC="[img]"     to   SRC="../../ms_demo/[img]"
then it all seems to work properly. However, that doesn't seem to be the
best way of doing things.
I understand that there is no longer a mapserv.ini file. How can I get
the files to write where I want them to?
Thanks for the help (and Happy Thanksgiving to all).
Kieran