[mapserver-users] mapplet without complete refresh

Armin Burger armin.burger at territoriumonline.com
Fri Aug 3 08:58:00 EDT 2001

In the mail archive I found in a posting that it should be possible to use
the mapplet and avoid a complete refresh of the entire page. Only the applet
contents should be updated by zoom actions etc. This should be done with
some JavaScript functions. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Is there an
example in the gallery collection?

My problem is that I want to change parameters like 'mode' or 'zoomdir' via
JavaScript (with buttons), and with every complete refresh these parameters
are reset to their default values. Maybe there's also another solution
writing always back the current parameter settings to the refreshed page. I
assume it could be done with some dummy html page containing all necessary
form parameters that will be read and written into the refreshed page via
javascript. Is this approach feasible?

It could probably also be done with frames but I'd prefer a solution without
them.

Thanks for any hints.

Armin

--