[mapserver-users] OGR styles and MapInfo Tables - cannot display style (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Sat Aug 4 08:36:22 EDT 2001

From: "robert brown" <robbrown99 at hotmail.com>
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: OGR styles and MapInfo Tables - cannot display style
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 21:59:47 +0000

Hello all,

I am using OGR and trying to automatically style features created
from MapInfo Tables. The STYLE "AUTO" function works fine, but
the resulting features appear black. I
tried saving the MapInfo tables with 'style overidden' features
(which when reloaded in MapInfo display the saved style), but
still no joy. I realise that OGR is still
experimental, but in the HOW TO, I read that it should be
possible to do this. Part of my map file looks like this (I do
not think I am doing anything wrong here):

LAYER
    NAME "Contours_tab"
    TYPE LINE
    STATUS OFF
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION
"C:\Inetpub/wwwroot/Robert_Brown_MScDiss/GI/mapserv/gower/Contour
sbounce.tab"
    STYLEITEM "AUTO"
    CLASSITEM "Height"
    CLASS
      NAME "5m Contours (OGR)"
    END
END

Could the answer lie in either the version of MapInfo or
MapServer (I am using the 3.5 nightly build with OGR support). Or
perhaps it could be something to do with the way
in which I am saving the MapInfo table?

I would be grateful for any suggestions - I am really stuck after
spending several hours trying to figure this out.

Thanks for your help

Rob