[mapserver-users] Shapefiles

Vinko Vrsalovic B. v at w.cl
Fri Aug 17 16:31:10 EDT 2001

> You should also 'Set AOI to:' Display.

Correction: Set it to Display if you want to know the extent of what
you are actually seeing in the view. Set it to theme if you want to know
the full extent of a particular theme (ie shapefile)

> > > I would like to try the showextents script however I don't have pearl map
> > > script and can't for the life of me find any info on downloading or
> > > installing it.

Correction 2:

 In the mapserver distribution comes a directory called mapscript,
 you should cd into that directory and in then in the perl subdirectory,
 then do: perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install.

--
V. <v at w.cl>