[mapserver-users] Feature_ID

Jim Burnett jimburnett at ntelos.net
Wed Aug 22 15:43:41 EDT 2001

OK I think I get it.
So I should add an "ID" field to the shape file.
It makes sense, because I am not querying anything on this shape file ( river and contouer lines), so thats why there isnt any fields.

Also,
I can get a refresnce map to show up in JPG and PNG, but it looks like it is always in full extent. Once in a while it will move, but not much at all.
Here is my code:

****start
require 'config.php';
$dfMinX = $CUREXTENT[minx];
  $dfMinY = $CUREXTENT[miny];
   $dfMaxX = $CUREXTENT[maxx];
    $dfMaxY = $CUREXTENT[maxy];
 $mapObj = ms_newMapObj("$dataPath/" . $map . ".map");
  $mapObj->setExtent($CUREXTENT[minx],$CUREXTENT[miny],$CUREXTENT[maxx],$CUREXTENT[maxy]);
   $nClickGeoX = GMapPix2Geo(intval($map_x), 0, $width, $dfMinX, $dfMaxX, 0);
    $nClickGeoY = GMapPix2Geo(intval($map_y), 0, $height, $dfMinY, $dfMaxY, 1);
     $ptClicked = ms_newPointObj();
      $ptClicked->setXY($nClickGeoX, $nClickGeoY);
#       $queryObj = $mapObj->queryByPoint( $ptClicked,MS_SINGLE,0 );
 #       $gbShowQueryResults = TRUE;
#print" $map $map_x $map_y $dataPath \n";

$img = $mapObj->drawReferenceMap();

header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Pragma: no-cache");
header("content-type: image/png");
$img->saveImage("",MS_PNG,0,0, 100);

thanks