[mapserver-users] OGC specs

Doug Nebert ddnebert at fgdc.gov
Tue Jun 5 12:42:32 EDT 2001

Walt wrote:

> How can one achieve the functionality of letting a user override these scale defaults?  For example, what if a user wants to see the streets layer for the whole US?  THe streets layer gets passed as part of the layer CGI parameter, but then mapserver decides not to turn it on.  Has anyone dealt with this problem and if not, are there suggestions?  Perhaps another CGI paramter for "demanded layers"?

There is no std way to override this in the OGC interface spec, but
you can invent local additional parameters on the end of the call
except these are private. I'd suggest that you make a different
map file that does not have scale dependencies if you will handle
these externally.

Doug.

--
Douglas D. Nebert
Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Coordinator