[mapserver-users] kill process on NT

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Jun 5 13:04:05 EDT 2001

> There's an NT resource kit utility named... 'kill' that takes
> a process ID as an argument and will get rid of those stubborn
> processes.  You can get the PID from task manager.

There is a also a free (gratis) program called PrcView which comes
with command line and GUI interface. It shows hidden tasks and is
able to quickly and harmlessly kill most any process. I've been
using it for ~3 years on w95, nt4 & w2k without any problems.
http://www.xmlsp.com/pview/prcview.htm

-matt