[mapserver-users] kill process on NT

Dave Vieglais vieglais at ku.edu
Tue Jun 5 15:52:51 EDT 2001

Another tool is procasp, which is a web accessible process killer (make
sure you password protect this one!).  Available from:

http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#free

On NT4 / 2000 and IIS it provides a web page through which you can kill
any process, so obviously you should take every precaution to ensure it
is not publicly accessible.

Note that killing *any* process with this, or any other "kill" tool on
NT or 2000 is dangerous and should be used as a last resort.  Killing a
process in this fashion can leave resources such as file and other
system handles in an unknown state, which can eventually cause problems.

Dave V.