[mapserver-users] Appending to shapefiles?

Janet Ciavarelli Jciavarelli at city.kamloops.bc.ca
Thu Jun 7 15:00:02 EDT 2001

Update: I've recompiled mapscript in WindowsNT cause I discovered my first compile couldn't handle multiple points in a shapefile, etc. So after recompiling and making a bunch of changes in the recompile process, it can now handle multiple points, lines, etc.

However, I have another problem. And I don't know if it's just cause I have a bad compile or if this feature doesn't work. I can't append to an already existing shapefile, using the -1 option as in the documentation. I can keep adding shapes fine, but as soon as I close the shapefile and re-open and try to append using the -1 option in the following command, it just doesn't do the append.

$shapefile = new shapefileObj('potholes',-1);

Any one else have any problems with this.

Janet.