[mapserver-users] selectively bypass mapplet?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jun 8 11:03:51 EDT 2001

> Hello,

> To clarify my previous question about point queries with mapplet, I would
> like to use mapplet only for zooming and querying multiple features, but
> bypass it for other functions (panning, singular queries, and zooming out).
> Is there any easy way to achieve this?  Does anyone have an example script
> to cut and paste?  I would like to do this because panning and single point
> queries appear not to function with mapplet, and I would like to preserve
> this functionality.

I can see bypassing it for zoom in/out by some factor if you assume you're
zooming on the center of the image. To do that just make the zoom controls
change the appropriate form variables (e.g.  zoomdir) and then submit the
form. Pans can also be handled like that if you use images around the main
map as triggers. Otherwise you need a coordinate from the image to do any
other operation and since you have the mapplet in place it's your only interface.
Single point queries work fine with the applet, so will pans and zooms on a
point.

> Also, has anyone written a script to dynamically display feature attributes
> (such as the name of a feature) in the browser's status window during
> mouseover?

There was a short thread on this last week. Check the archive for details.

> I would really appreciate any help than can be provided!  Thanks in advance.

> -David Raitzer

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst