[mapserver-users] selectively bypass mapplet?

David Raitzer david_raitzer at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:22:00 EDT 2001

Thanks for the suggestion. Yet, now, when the applet is bypassed by clicking
the reference map, or by reseting the form values, which passes CGI
variables for the mapfile, zoom direction, and zoom factor, Internet
Explorer 5 returns an error related to a "document.mapplet.boxoff();" line
in a function that determines whether to allow box drawing.  However, the
applet still works, and if the page is then reloaded, the error message
disappears.  Are there any suggestions on how to bypass this error?  Or is
this related to the poor JRE in IE 5?  The problem doesn't appear in
Netscape, but it makes it seem as if the page is poorly coded in IE.

-David Raitzer