[mapserver-users] Join question

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jun 12 10:39:55 EDT 2001

Joined data are only accessible at the query level, not for mapping. There's such
a performance hit I never bothered to add that support. You'll have to add a flag
in your shapefile indicating the presence or absence of attributes and set an
appropriate expression.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Richard Greenwood <Rich at GreenwoodMap.com> 06/11/01 05:49PM >>>
I would like to display only spatial objects that have attribute data (an
inner join). Or put another way, I'd like to hide the spatial objects in my
shape file that don't have associated data in my joined XBase file. But the
MapServer join object displays all spatial data (a left join), regardless
of the existence of attribute data.

Could anyone suggest a work around, or a different approach?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.