[mapserver-users] Linux/SDE 8.1 libs/layer connects

Ballard,Lowell LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Tue Jun 12 13:52:59 EDT 2001

I've put esri_sde in my /etc/services file.  The ESRI SDE Instance is called
ersri_sde on the remote server (matoaka which is in my /etc/hosts file
(using ip address failed)).  The user with access to data is called data.
The database which holds the spatial data on Oracle is called gisdb.  My
client libs used to build ms are SDE 8.1 but my server is 8.0.2.  This might
be the problem but I want to rule anything else out first.  I haven't had
the time to update the server as we just got it and we have lots of data in
it.  It's going to take me a few weeks to get there so...

I couldn't really find any SDE docs/samples so just point them out if they
exist on the web.
Thanks--
------------------------------
This is the error I get:

msSDELayerOpen(): SDE error. Not enough SDE layer parameters specified
----------------------------
This is the layer:

LAYER
  NAME sde_sites
  TYPE POLYGON
  CONNECTION "matoaka,esri_sde,gisdb,data,password"
  CONNECTIONTYPE sde
  DATA sites (the name of my SDE Layer in Oracle/SDE)
  STATUS ON
  CLASSITEM site_no
  LABELITEM "site_no"
  SYMBOLSCALE 1500000
  LABELMAXSCALE 600000
  CLASS
    NAME "sde_Sites"
    EXPRESSION /./
    OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
    COLOR 25 24 219
    LABEL
        COLOR 0 0 0
        BACKGROUNDCOLOR 245 240 219
        BUFFER 1
      END
  END
END
RedHat 7
Ms 3.5
Intel
Lowell Ballard
Unix/Database Administrator
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
901 E. Byrd St., Richmond, Va. 23218
http://gis.vedp.org