[mapserver-users] Re: line symbol for railway

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jun 19 10:25:05 EDT 2001

Assuming you are using 3.4 or higher you'd do something like this.

in the symbol file add:

SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
   POINTS 1 1 END
   FILLED
END

SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle-dashed'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
   POINTS 1 1 END
   FILLED
   STYLE 10 10 END
END

then you use class definitions like:

CLASS # roads
  SYMBOL 'circle'
  COLOR 0 0 0
  SIZE 5
  OVERLAYSYMBOL 'circle'
  OVERLAYCOLOR 255 0 0
  OVERLAYSIZE 3
END

CLASS # railroads
  SYMBOL 'circle'
  COLOR 0 0 0
  SIZE 5
  OVERLAYSYMBOL 'circle-dashed'
  OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 255
  OVERLAYSIZE 3
END

That should get you close and you can play with size and dash pattern setting
until you like what you see.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Miklos Gabor" <gmiklos at nextra.ro> 06/16/01 10:24AM >>>
Dear Stephen,

I'm a new mapserver user. I like very match this cgi.
Could you help me to creat some special line symbols for the railway and
roads?
(black outline and dashed black filling for railway and black outline and
filled with other colors (red, blue, yellow) for state, county and local
roads)
I like to use for maps with scale > 1:25000.
I try to create a touristical map for our county.

Best regards,
Miklos Gabor
Harghita county, Romania