[mapserver-users] Postprocessing images

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jun 26 19:39:00 EDT 2001

Greetings mapserver users,

The Bioenergy Atlas of Australia project has a mapserver delivering a
limited amount of data, but also wants to investigate adding value to
another mapserver site by post processing the output gifs or pngs.
Resources are not available to do the value adding (if we knew how)
server side for this "other" mapserver.  We're also interested in how
users may do the same to data delivered by us.

We are trying to map site suitability, and want to use groundwater data,
landuse, proximity to infrastructure and similar themes to do this
mapping.  We can download images from this other party's mapserver and I
was contemplating reading them with gd or the like and doing an
if theme#1=red and theme#2=blue and buffered theme#3=black then make
outputtheme=red for each pixel, then rewriting.

Is this feasible?  Are there examples?  What are the best tools?

Regards,

Lyndon Zimmermann

--
Lyndon Zimmermann
BE (Mech Adelaide) Grad Dip Bus Admin (UniSA)

"Bioenergy Atlas for Australia" Co-ordinator
University of Adelaide Agronomy and Farming Systems
C/- GISCA, 4th floor, 10 Pulteney St, Adelaide 5005
Dir (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3975 Switch (GISCA) 8303 3900 Mob 0414 91 4577
Fax (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3498 email lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au

Biomass Energy Atlas Website:
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/bioenergy_atlas/html/atlas_index.html

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message and attachments may
be forwarded or quoted, with due acknowledgement.  No representation is
made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
and is the responsibility of the recipient.