[mapserver-users] Compiling MapScript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 25 16:50:14 EDT 2001

Stephen Lime wrote:

> That said it should be doable, pretty easily too given the main MapScript
> interface and the PHP implementation as guides. I would encourage any
> such development stay in sync with the main interface so that we could
> largely use the same set of docs.

For the record, I have some sample code that I wrote a few years ago and
that I could provide if someone needs an example of how to implement COM
bindings on top of a C/C++ library the hard way, that is doing
everything yourself and not using any IDE, wizard or other tool of this
kind.  There may be better/easier tools to do this I guess... but I'm
passing the info just in case it could be of some help.

The code I'm talking about was implementing a COM interface on top of a
C++ lib that I was using to manipulate HTML templates, and it also
includes samples of accessing VB objects from the C++ code.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca