[mapserver-users] Cannot find -lzlib during build with ogr support

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Oct 17 18:17:38 EDT 2001

Thanks Frank, this did the trick.

                    Frank
                    Warmerdam            To:     Tyler Mitchell <TMitchell at lignum.com>
                    <warmerdam at pob       cc:     Daniel Morissette <morissette at dmsolutions.ca>
                    ox.com>              Fax to:
                                         Subject:     Re: [mapserver-users] Cannot find -lzlib
                    10/17/01 01:35        during build with ogr support
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to warmerdam

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Boy, you're really gonna make me work on this one eh? ;)
> I downloaded gdal-1.1.5 and ogdi-3.1.0.  Yes, I have libzlib_ogdi31.so in
> /usr/local/lib.
> How can I tell if I've got them installed properly.  I'm not writing any
> code using the libs myself, but did notice that there were a few
> executables that came along.  Are they (i.e. gdaladdo) documented
anywhere?
> Could it be a path setting problem.  I have multiple terminal sessions
> running here and am finding it hard to keep my env variables up to date
in
> all of them.  I've discovered ldconfig, but can you tell me where to
> permanently set path variables?  gdal-config wasn't in my path, but once
> fixed that, gdal-config --libs said:  -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal.1.1
> Should I still remove the reference, or should I make sure my path and
> ld_library stuff is setup properly and re-try compile?

Tyler,

Just remove "-logdi -lzlib" from your Makefile for now.  I see the
MapServer
configure script is a bit broken with regard to OGDI.  I will correct this
by removing the OGDI specific requests in MapServers configure script.  At
this point MapServer's configure is supposed to use gdal-config --libs to
find libraries needed by GDAL so speicific knowledge of stuff like OGDI is
not needed.

Best regards,

warmerdam at pobox.com