[mapserver-users] Differnet Quality Output of Text labels

Christian Fuerpass fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 18 04:25:38 EDT 2001

Hello Group!

After transfering my application from a old server to a new one the
following problem appeard with the text labels in the maps:

I have on both servers Mapserver 3.4 running with gd 1.2, so the outputs
are GIF images. The only difference is that on the old server i have
compiled PHP 3.0.18  with True Type Support and on the new server i have
compiled PHP 4.0.5 without True Type (as told in the documentation) .
But i have included True type to the Mapserver compilation. When i leave
this paramter the demo wont work, because the Mapserver didnt know the
TRUETYPE Tag in the Mapfile, so i know that it should work correctly.

This problem looks simmilar to the problem S(tepán Kafka wrote some
postings ago, but i dont use 3.5 yet.

I have read Stevens answer to the post, but i dont know what can i do
against this issue between GD and Freetype.

I hope anybody can help me. (So that i can give away the old server
soon.)  ;-)

Christian Fuerpass

Institut fuer Geographie der Universitaet Wien
   Kartographie und Geoinformation

Deptartment of Geography and Regional Science
   University of Vienna
   Cartography and GIS

  Tel:            (+43 1) 4277 48658
  Fax:            (+43 1) 4277 48649
  E-Mail:       mailto:fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Snail-Mail: Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

  WWW:        http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto/