[mapserver-users] OGC and Mapserver

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Oct 18 10:25:12 EDT 2001

A GML output filter is well underway and should be hooked into the system soon. It's actually the last piece holding up the release of 3.5. As it sits now you (the data provider) will have to supply a schema from your site to accompany the query specific GML data. There's no way around that. It's definition happens in the metadata block of the WEB object just like with WMS. I imagine a script could be written to look at a mapfile and with the GML encoder in mind write a skeleton schema that could be fleshed out a bit.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Rob Atkinson <rob at socialchange.net.au> 10/18/01 08:08 AM >>>
Social Change Online has set up MapServ 3.5 under Linux and found it pretty
stable and OGC compliance has been good.

It is a significant improvement in its ability to perform reprojections on the
fly controlled by OGC parameters.

The feature_info issue is the current major limitation - we really need to be
able to generate our own GML response schemas to get much value out of this.

Rob Atkinson