[mapserver-users] Add points to a online map? (FWD)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 31 12:39:05 EST 2001

Yes. You might find one way to do this is to use PostGIS to store the
point layer. Jeff is actually putting together a little
Mapserver/PostGIS app right now to do exactly this. All the background
layers are shape files, but the point layer is a db layer, so it is very
easy to add new points to it and edit it. Needless to say, mapscript
coding is definately required. You could also do this using a shape file
to store the points, but could have file integrity problems if you were
ever unlucky enough to get two concurrent edits of the file.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey