[mapserver-users] Add points to a online map? (FWD)

Searle Ross Ross.Searle at dnr.qld.gov.au
Wed Oct 31 17:07:12 EST 2001

Paul and Twan,

We have used PostGIS to do just this, without using any mapscripting
just a bit of javascript and perl. This was actually the reason we
started using this great piece of software. The user clicks on the map
and the javascript works out the real world coords and pops up a form.
Info is entered and then added to postgres via an insert using perl.
Next time you view the map the point is there large as life. Sorry I
can't show you the site but it is inside our firewall.

Regards
Ross