[mapserver-users] Listserv Problems? and Delay?

Ranga Raju Vatsavai vatsavai at cs.umn.edu
Tue Apr 2 16:50:48 EST 2002

Well, there is no priority here ...
Mail processing is done sequentially, and this sequence is established
in the order of subscription (i.e. first come first basis). Steve Lime
gets it first becasue he is one of the first subscribers to the list.

I explained the reason for the delay before, here goes it again.
We have more than 500 subscribes now and some of them are defunct
permenantly and some are temporarily. For these defunct users,
mailing system tries several times before givingup and sending 100's
of error messages to the people who are managing this list - and hence
the delay.

Well, it takes few weeks to establish these defunct users and remove
them from the list. Any ideas on how to make things fast are welcome.

Thanks
Raju
----