[mapserver-users] gmap demo problem

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Apr 7 12:28:19 EDT 2002

Pushkar Pradhan wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to use the gmap demo from DM soln. I have followed the
> install. procedure but when I try to access any file under htdocs dir. in
> IE I get the internal server error (500)
> the error log is like this:
> [Fri Mar 29 17:18:56 2002] [error] [client 130.18.13.234] Premature end of
> script headers: /rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/apache_1.3.22/cgi-bin/php

You often get this error when you point your browser to a non-existing
.php page on a system running PHP as a cGI.  The server should return an
error 404 (not found) but the PHP CGI seems to have a bug
(http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13035) and returns nothing in this case,
which explains the error 500 that Apache returns.

Try setting "log_errors = On" in your php.ini and you should (hopefully)
get a more meaningfuil error messaqge in your apache error_log that will
help figure the source of the problem.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca