[mapserver-users] WMS Client difficulties

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at em.agr.ca
Mon Apr 22 16:56:15 EDT 2002

Hi, I'm trying to set up a Mapserver .map file that will make use of the WMS client capabilities, but I'm having difficulty.

I will include my mapfile.  The error I am getting is located in the image area itself and it says: msProcessProjection():no system list, errno: 2

I take this to mean that it is looking for the epsg file, which, on my system, is located in the proj/nad directory where it should be and I have no problems with projections in my other work.

I can also see the layer that I want to connect to if I just type the connection URL into my browser.  Works fine.

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
D. Pagurek

Here's my map file:
NAME ITISFEAT
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 300
UNITS DD
SHAPEPATH "data"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
#SYMBOLSET symset.sym
EXTENT -180.0 -90 180.0 90.0

PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:4269"
END

WEB
  IMAGEPATH "/usr/www/httpd/htdocs/mapdata/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/mapdata/tmp/"
  TEMPLATE "itisfeat.html"
  METADATA
    "wms_title"  "WMS ITIS"
    "wms_onlineresource" "http://linuxgurrl.agr.ca/cgi-bin/mapitis?"
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:4269"
    "wms_abstract" "Point mapping"
    "wms_accesscontraints" "none"
    "wms_addresstype" "postal"
    "wms_address" "960 Carling Ave."
    "wms_city" "Ottawa"
    "wms_stateorprovince" "Ontario"
    "wms_postcode" "K1A 0C6"
    "wms_country" "Canada"
    "wms_contactelectronicmailaddress" "pagurekd at em.agr.ca"
    "wms_contactfacsimiletelephone" "613-759-1937"
    "wms_contactperson" "D. Pagurek"
    "wms_contactorganization" "Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada"
    "wms_contactposition" ""
    "wms_fees" "none"
    "wms_keywordlist" "ITIS"
  END
END

LAYER
  NAME world
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  CONNECTION "http://tsadev.speciesanalyst.net/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=cntryBound.map&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap&layers=world"

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4269"
  END
  METADATA
    "wms_title"  "World"
    "wms_srs"  "EPSG:4269"
    "wms_abstract" "world"
    "wms_extent" "-95.0025 48.9992 -94.9975 49.0008"
    "wms_opaque" "1"
  END
END  # LAYER

END  # MAPFILE