[mapserver-users] Utilities Doc Update Needed

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 22 19:22:19 EDT 2002

Mapserver Documentarians,

Could I get some one to make a minor update to the Utilities doc page at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/utils.html

For the tile4ms utility, please document:

tile4ms -h

usage: tile4ms <meta-file> <tile-file> [-tile-path-only]
                (complete paths 255 chars max, no extension)
<tile-file>     OUTPUT shape file of extent rectangles and names
                of tiles in <tile-file>.dbf
-tile-path-only Optional flag.  If specified then only the path to the
                shape files will be stored in the LOCATION field
                instead of storing the full filename.

The -tile-path-only is missing and even knowing it existed I have to
look at the source to find it. OK, it didn't occur to me to look at the
command line help until after I looked at the source - so call me a
programmer :)

Anyway, it would be a big help, Thanks.

Oh, I will update wiki.

-Steve Woodbridge