[mapserver-users] Problem with setlayersdrawingorder

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 24 09:49:12 EDT 2002

Puneet Kishor wrote:

> does case matter? is setLayersDrawingOrder different from
> setlayersdrawingorder?
>
> I have been noticing several such variations in the docs, and am not
> sure if they are intentional or a mistake. I have flagged the ones I
> have come across, and will send them to Jamie (or whoever is in charge
> of the docs). There are also a few (very few) spelling errors in the
> docs.
>
> If the case does matter, would it be possible to bring all the methods
> to conform to one convention? perhaps  'all lower case' is better than
> 'mixed case' because then we don't have to guess which it is?

In PHP, function names are case-insensitive, but variable names are
case-sensitive.

That's why in the docs you'll notice that we use mixed cases for method
names, but someone could really use all uppercase or all lowercase and
the function calls would still work.  OTOH, for class member variables
we always use all-lowercase since they are case-sensitive.

Now, it is quite possible that the PHP MapScript docs could contain some
errors or typos, so if you noticed errors in the PHP MapScript docs then
please file them in bugzilla, under the PHP MapScript component and
we'll fix them.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca