[mapserver-users] Image Maps

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Aug 1 23:00:23 EDT 2002

How about rendering a view of the Shapefile and using the RGB values
as a key to generate the Image map?

Use something like imlib inside PHP to create an interim image using
your region as a class-item... This would probably hit the filesystem
less than the approach you are currently using, plus the rendered image
would never have more cases to consider than the number of pixels in it.

Basically sample down the detailed data before you start processing.

Antti