[mapserver-users] Problem with PostGIS layer

Thomas Haechler thaechl at geo.unizh.ch
Wed Aug 7 08:49:15 EDT 2002

Many thanks to Dave & Tyler for their help. I am posting this to the
list since I got emails from people with the same problem.

There was actually no problem with the user or permission because for
testing purpose I used the db-admin account. The solution is much more
simple:

I started the postmaster without allowing TCP/IP connetions. This option
is off by default, and since I run the webserver, mapserver and
postgresql on the same machine, I thought it is not necessary.

So for everyone with this problem: make sure to accept TCP/IP
connections. You have 2 possibilities to do this:

1.) use the -i option when starting the postmaster, or

2.) edit the postgresql.conf: tcpip_socket = true

Hope this helps someone else,

Thomy

--

THOMAS HAECHLER