[mapserver-users] Mapserver Bootstrap Group

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Fri Aug 9 09:15:09 EDT 2002

Don Holeman wrote:

> I am about at this step too, having compiled mapserver and walked through
> the tutorial and studied the page composition of the tutorial examples.
I've
> been following discussons on this list as well, and while I'm learning a
lot
> of intermediate and advanced material I'm missing a lot of the basics,
which
> I'm rather embarrased to bother this list with as I know how redundant
such
> questions get.

> Would anyone in the same boat care to join me in creating a short-term
> Mapserver bootstrap group at yahoogroups where we could handhold each
other
> while we get ourselves up to speed with respect to the basics of  GIS and
> Mapserver?

> If so, you can join me here:

> Best,
> Don Holeman

I appreciate the initiative of creating a MapServer novice mailing list, but
I wonder if this couldn't be better done alongside the regular list, like
the PostgreSQL novice list? I am perfectly willing to share my experiences
with new users, but I hate having to look at ads while doing so. How about
it, WebMaster?

Jan Hartmann
Department of Geography
University of Amsterdam