[mapserver-users] Symbol error with Mapserver and Debian

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva gleydson.mazioli at ima.sp.gov.br
Fri Aug 23 15:54:44 EDT 2002

Hi all,

After upgrading my Debian system (libc6 and other packages, from memory), I got the following message
when I try to access the mapserver application:

getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. ():(1710)

The curiously is that the message only happens when accessed by Netscape Communicator 4.xx (IE, Mozillas and
other work fine). The page is available for Internet at address for bug reproducion:

http://www.ima.sp.gov.br/geo/ppi

Details:

Mapserver: 3.6.1 (also tryed with cvs release of mapserver, without sucess)
Libgd: 1.8.4
gdal: 1.1.7

Thanks in advanced for any help :-)

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva
gleydson at ima.sp.gov.br
Consultor de Servidores GNU/Linux
IMA - Informática de Municipios Associados
Av. Anchieta 200 - Campinas - SP
(19) 3232-9611 - R. 216