[mapserver-users] Symbol error with Mapserver and Debian

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 23 16:09:53 EDT 2002

In your init page, you have the following hidden parameters with NO
VALUE:

  <INPUT type=hidden name=map_nomemunicp_class_expression> <INPUT
type=hidden name=map_nomespcampst_class_expression>

For some reason, Netscape seems to pass them in the URL as
  map_nomemunicp_class_expression=++
setting the value to 2 spaces and that's what confuses MapServer's
expression parser.

Removing the 2 spaces ("++") in the URL fixes the issue, so I would
suggest setting the value explicitly in the init page using VALUE="" in
the tags.

Daniel