[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript 3.6.x cgi/module

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Wed Aug 28 12:55:13 EDT 2002

Hi list,

I have it seen mentioned several times now: That I should not use PHP
MapScript 3.6.x as a module; only the cgi version is supposed to work
properly. Ok. In fact, it is said, that when loading 3.6.x as a php
module, an error would occur. But interestingly, on my installation(s) i
can do the following:

<?php
  dl ("php_mapscript.so");
  echo "<p>" . ms_GetVersion () . "</p>";
?>

And get output as this:

MapServer version 3.6.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Just wondering if i missed something. I do not use this in production (I
obey to developers' orders) and know i might break something - these
things are for my development and personal use. Just wanted to point out
that the "there will be a warning" part isn't true. Nothing in my logs
either, no matter how much verbosity or debugging noise i turn on.

thorsten

Thorsten Fischer        thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102