[mapserver-users] Mapserver and Spatial Extent

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Fri Aug 30 10:57:26 EDT 2002

James,

> I need to know more about the EXTENT command in a Mapserver map file.   I
> have a shape file layer of Kampala.  The shapefile is in WGS 84 projection.
> The center of the Shapefile is lat=32.5747819077374 and
> lon=0.320786584028765   I need to know how to work out the Extent values
> from the lat and lon.

The shapefile library shapelib brings two tools, shpinfo and shpdump,
which you can use to obtain information like the bounding box from a
shapefile.

hth,

thorsten

Thorsten Fischer        thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102