[mapserver-users] strange data in shp file

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Fri Aug 30 22:29:25 EDT 2002

Hi there

I'm fairly new to using mapserver, and have hit a bit of a brick wall.

Up till now, all my data (which is in shp files) has worked beautifully.
if i run shpdump (from the shapelib pkg), then i can see all the coords
are in regular decimal latitude and longitudes.

However, some new data i received recently (again, this is in shp
format) doesn't seem to work. Mapserver doesn't complain, and displays a
map, but the layers that are using the new data cant be seen. When I ran
a shpdump on these new files, the coords range anywhere from 250 000 to
5 000 000 or so.

Is this normal? Or is the new data stuffed? Can I run the new data if i
only use shp files that use the same coords system?

any help would be much appreciated

james
"Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes. "

work: worker at aycs.org.au / personal: jimmy at deefa.com
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ: 6370237
web: www.deefa.com