[mapserver-users] MapServer Release Schedule

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 13 08:11:20 EST 2002

Steve Lime wrote:

> Frank's request is certainly valid. Dan, could you pass along your
> formula for building the change log to Jamie and the folks at the UMN?
> Seems that's where it should live. We should take a close look at the
> change log to make sure we haven't missed things that warrant a 3.5.1
> maintanence release.

I'll reply to the list since this answer may be of interest to other CVS
users...

The ChangeLog file is built by a Perl script called cvs2cl.pl... you
simply run it in the main mapserver directory and it fetches the cvs log
information from the server and generates the ChangeLog file.

I don't remember where I got that script, but in case anyone wants it, I
made a copy available for download at
  http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/misc/cvs2cl.pl.gz

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca