[mapserver-users] Problem running demo

Ashley Joyce ashleyjoyce at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:34:20 EST 2002

I'm trying to run the demo included with the installation. After submittting
the demo_init.html form I get the following error message.

msLoadMap() : Unable to access file
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mapserver-demos/itasca/demo.map

My path to htdocs resides in another directory on my system. How do you
configure the direction location in mapserv.
I've already added the complete paths to my dem_init.html form.... however
it seems to ignore these paths.

Is the path definition configured within the mapserv cgi file. If so how do
you reconfig the htdocs path.

Kind Regards,

Ashley Joyce