[mapserver-users] Starting out with WMS Client/server

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 23 09:44:41 EST 2002

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> I tried registering my test server on cubewerx but didn't get an image back
> :(

I looked at the Capabilities returned by your server,
(http://lignum.midbc.com/cgi-bin/demo?REQUEST=Capabilities) and it seems
to advertize its onlineresource as

    <Get><OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:href="http://lignum.midbc.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/itasca/demo.map&"/></Get>

This URL doesn't work, it gives an error:
  msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (/itasca/demo.map)

So I think that may explain why you didn't get a map via Cubeview.

> But when I went through the wms how-to and did all the tests I got good
> looking XML back with no warning or errors in it.
> Can anyone should some light on it for me.  The data is just the itasca
> demo at http://lignum.midbc.com/cgi-bin/demo
> I tried accessing it from a client on one of our other servers and I get:
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2

This happens if the file "epsg" is missing in the proj directory
(/usr/local/share/proj/epsg on Unix), or if you try to use an epsg:XXXX
code that doesn't exist in that file.

You may want to upgrade to the latest version of PROJ.4 on the machine
that gives this error (the latest PROJ should include the 'epsg' file).
Or you can download a copy from
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg.zip

If your server runs on Windows, then the epsg file is searched in either
C:\PROJ, or C:\PROJ\NAD depending on the version of PROJ that was used
to compile MapServer.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca