[mapserver-users] ASP as template file

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Wed Jun 5 10:42:57 EDT 2002

Christian:

The template file is being read directly from the file system as a flat
file and return to the user directly by the CGI.  It is not running
through the ASP engine at all.  If you want to use mapserver with ASP
you will need to put it behind your ASP.  ie. call the asp page and have
it call the mapserv CGI and then reformat the output within your ASP
page and dump it to the screen.  I have not done it in ASP but I have
done similar in JSP.

Dave Graham

Christian Runge wrote:

 >Hello everyone.
 >
 >I'm working with a map where I need to do some queries. I would like the
 >result of those queries to be handles by an active server page insted of a
 >simple html file. The following worked fine in version 3.4:
 >
 >QUERY
 >	TEMPLATE 'processquery.asp'
 >END
 >
 >Now I'm trying to do the same in version 3.5 and I believe this should be
 >correct syntax:
 >
 >LAYER
 >....(omitted)...
 >CLASS
 >    SIZE 1
 >    TEMPLATE 'processquery.asp'
 >END #Class
 >END #Layer
 >
 >For some reason the asp is not parsed by the asp parser and the entire
 >content is sent to the client browser (which ignores it of course).
What do

--
David W. Graham
Director of Geospatial Applications Development
dgraham at i3.com
http://www.i3.com