[mapserver-users] compile php/mapscript with php-4.1.2?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 5 17:15:32 EST 2002

Stephan Holl wrote:

> is there any possible sollution for compiling php/mapscript on linux with
> php-4.1.2 ?
>
> the mapscript-module does not compile, but i *really* like to work with
> it.
> does anybody know how to handle the problem?

The current version won't work with PHP 4.1.2, but we are going to fix
this in the next week or two.

(This wasn't a priority until some security problems were reported in
PHP4.0.6 last week.  Instead of wasting time patching old PHP4.0.6
servers, we'll kill two birds with one stone and fix MapScript so that
we can all upgrade to PHP4.1.2.)

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca