[mapserver-users] My geocoder program is ready to be looked at by others.

Greg Mader gmader at GeoAnalytics.com
Sat Mar 9 18:07:42 EST 2002

Hi All,

I have a beta geocoder that I built using Frank's libraries that is ready
for you to look at, play with, and offer constructive feedback.

It is not perfect, it only works with shapefiles, and I do not have time to
do a lot of support on it.( I did it as a class project in school).  That
said, it works pretty well with linear shapefiles of street networks that
are structured the same way as the sample one that I have included.

There is experimental SOUNDEX support as well that will match SOME
misspelled street names.

Thanks to Frank and to others for help and inspiration.

here is the link:

http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~gmader/

Greg Mader