[mapserver-users] problem with join

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Mon Mar 11 03:21:10 EST 2002

Daniel,

* Daniel Morissette (morissette at dmsolutions.ca) [020310 18:29]:
> Frank Koormann wrote:
[...]
> > Seems as if joins are not reimplemented with the ongoing redesign of
> > mapserv.c
> >

> Frank,
>
> The template stuff has been moved out of mapserv.c and turned into
> functions in maptemplate.c in order to allow the use of templates in the
> WMS server and from MapScript.  The way things are processed hasn't
> really changed, it's just the same code that has been turned into
> library functions.  So the problems that existed before with joins are
> still there.  I'll let Steve reply about the status of joins in
> MapServer, but I believe this question was raised again not long ago so
> it might be a good idea to search the list archives about this.

Thanks for explanation. Actually my post was a reply to the thread
where join issues were raised. I just wanted to clarify the situation
for MikeE, who tried to use the join feature without success.

However, it might be helpful to take the join feature from the docs
(or place a note there) about the current status.

Regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann                             <frank.koormann at intevation.de>