[mapserver-users] dynamic point with reference map

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Mar 11 18:07:21 EST 2002

You can't add points to a reference map. You can create a map that looks
like
a reference map with a normal call to the mapserver (mode=map). I think
there
may be some confusion as to what a reference map is or isn't. A
reference map
is a component of a web app- period.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Chuck Bokath <chuck.bokath at air2web.com> 03/11/02 03:48PM >>>

Hello,

Can I use a reference map to add points on top of?

In the cgi world, should I use mode=reference? Such a cgi request would
look
something like
http://someserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=reference&map_webuser_feature=new&map

_webuser_feature_points=-84.33333+33.333333+map_webuser_feature_text=My+Hous
e!&...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

br
chuck