[mapserver-users] dynamic point with reference map

Chuck Bokath chuck.bokath at air2web.com
Tue Mar 12 09:34:11 EST 2002

Steve,

Thanks, that is great information. The problem I have when I try and create
a map, is that it ends up with 114 bytes.
I am not sure what is I am doing wrong to get the 114 byte map image. The
reference image is fine.

So it seems that I will not need a reference map, since I do not want an
interactive browser based application--I am strictly looking for a backend
engine that does not generate html but only png images with points, driven
by lat/long coordinates.

Now the question is, why is my map 114 bytes? The log says normal execution,
everything is AOK,

Here is  the map file, any suggestions?

MAP
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
UNITS DD
EXTENT -83.2 29.500 -81.2500 31.5000
SYMBOLSET /export/home/bokath_c/gis/mapserver_3.5/symbols/examples.sym
IMAGECOLOR 50 0 255
IMAGETYPE png
NAME ATL

WEB
TEMPLATE "Atlanta.html"
IMAGEPATH "/tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/tmp"
LOG "./atl.log"
END

REFERENCE
STATUS OFF
IMAGE "/export/home/bokath_c/develop/webserver/cgi-bin/Atlanta.png"
SIZE 600 600
END

LAYER
  NAME properties