[mapserver-users] Is PostGIS broken in latest nightly build on Win32?

Sean Gillies sgillies at i3.com
Mon Mar 11 20:23:05 EST 2002

Greetings,

Am having sucess using PostGIS (very recent CVS build) as a data source
with mapserver built on Linux but am unable to use this same data source
with the most recent ms351_nightly w/postgis.

I am seeing this error:

msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
statement (in FETCH ALL): DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
State_abbr::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),oid::text
from dtlst WHERE the_geom && setSRID('BOX3D(-126 22.2637931034483,-65
51.7362068965517)'::BOX3D, find_srid('','dtlst','the_geom') )

The win32 binary works with shapefile data, but not with a PostGIS data
source which works with our Linux mapserver.  The PostgreSQL server
is on Linux and we reliably access it from many other windows
applications.

The software versions are:
PostgreSQL 7.1.2
PostGIS 0.7-ish (from CVS on March 5)
Mapserver win32 binary w/ postgis from March 11

Looking forward to hearing any solutions or suggestions,

Sean