[mapserver-users] MS 3.5 Trouble getting a POLYLINE shape file to display

klehr1 at tampabay.rr.com klehr1 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 13 02:28:56 EST 2002

Good morning:

I'm using Mapserver 3.5. and I have a shape file (dimension lines for a parcel layer) that appears to be of type Poly Line in ESRI Arcview GIS 3.2a (i.e. when I open it I see all lines, and when I open the .dbf it calls the fields RPOLY...see below).

The only TYPE I can get to display in Mapserv is POINT, if I try TYPE LINE, POLYLINE, or POLYGON, I get the errror: msDrawShape(): General error message. Only polygon or line shapes can be drawn using a line layer definition.  (or similar error for polygon, and getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. (POLYLINE):(9)  for POLYLINE).  I know POLYLINE is no longer used in 3.5 but I thought I'd try it.

Map File:

NAME lines
EXTENT 2453973.98744173 213648.197153 2554427.20872896 341848.56871657
SIZE 150 150
SHAPEPATH "/maps/"

LAYER
  NAME "Parcel_Grid"
  DATA dim_lines
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POLYLINE
  CLASS
     OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
    # COLOR 255 0 0
  END
END

END

DBF Fields:
FNODE_, TNODE_, LPOLY_, RPOLY_, LENGTH, HISTORIC_, HISTORIC_I, CODE

Any suggestions on what how to export the data from ESRI or map file parameters I might be mis-using?  I have tried combinations of TYPE POLYGON and color and outlinecolor and received the error above, and LINE and color and outlinecolor (note in each of POLYGON, LINE I tried both color and outlinecolor, and each separately).

Thanks
Steve Lehr